Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts

Options
  • 16-09-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Seen a Christmas advert on tv last night :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Seen a Christmas advert on tv last night :D

Ooh for what?! I can't wait until they start properly - especially the Guinness and Budweiser ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

leahyl wrote: »
    Ooh for what?! I can't wait until they start properly - especially the Guinness and Budweiser ones!

It was for The Daily Mail.

Collect tokens from the paper and get free gifts for Christmas :D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was for The Daily Mail.

Collect tokens from the paper and get free gifts for Christmas :D:D:D

The Daily Mail, could have sworn I saw the same ad but it was for The Sun. And remember official adverts aimed solely at Christmas Market directly can only run from the 1st of November onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

lockie1983 wrote: »
    And remember official adverts aimed solely at Christmas Market directly can only run from the 1st of November onwards.

Where did you hear about this, Lockie? Is it a rule in advertising?
    (If so, it should be banned!! :D)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where did you hear about this, Lockie? Is it a rule in advertising?
    (If so, it should be banned!! :D)

It's a law that's there to limit Advertising on Children,

some interesting facts on the law state,

◗ Advertising breaks must be clearly distinguished from programmes.

◗ Advertisements cannot be inserted into children’s programmes watched by those under 15 years of age,which are less than 30 minutes long.

◗ Christmas themed advertising cannot be shown before Nov. 1st.

http://www.business2000.ie/archive/8th_edition.html

The above link has a pdf with more information on the act. I'm not sure why the act is in place, children will still be influenced by advertising wither its September or November.

• Advertisement
Advertisement