Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOP14: Toulouse vs Racing Metro / 15.09.11 / Post Match Discussion

Options
  • 15-09-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did any catch this match earlier?

cc5f2760cd8994f94e69236191f1c813.jpg

Easily one of the best matches I've seen in years. Toulouse seemed to dominate the first 40, but Racing clambered back, and then it was some scintillating stuff from the Toulouse backs to put them back into contention, with a late try an outstanding Jauzion and an unbelievable 60+m kick from Luke McAllister to seal the win in the dying minutes. Unbelievable stuff.. Actually better than any WC match so far... Toulouse, never short of funds, have always been wise with their pickings, I know there was some controversy with Luke heading to France, but it looks like he and Toulouse will enjoy working together this year...

And I also wonder if ML regrets leaving particular players behind.

More info on RD, including extended highlights (20min) here (RUGBYDUMP.COM)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I was at the game and can safely say it was one of the most exciting matches I've ever been at. Atmosphere was class, the crowd were jumping and the game itself.... well, just look at the highlights!!

The Toulousain know how to put on a show!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Rugbydump says it was out in Sept Deniers, but that's definitely the Stadium Municipal...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I was at the game and can safely say it was one of the most exciting matches I've ever been at. Atmosphere was class, the crowd were jumping and the game itself.... well, just look at the highlights!!

The Toulousain know how to put on a show!:D

Yeah really enjoyed it on TV, dead jealous would've love to have been there!

tolosenc wrote: »
    Rugbydump says it was out in Sept Deniers, but that's definitely the Stadium Municipal...

Your're right, Rugbydump is wrong, it was Stade Municipal. Would have been better off in Ernst Wallon as it would have been a packed house.

Thought it strange when I saw this game against a Paris team was in Municipal and the Biarritz game this weekend is in Stade Ersnt Wallon. Surely the Biarritz support will travel in greater number seeing as how they are a two and a half hour drive away as opposed to a long train or flight from Paris?

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah really enjoyed it on TV, dead jealous would've love to have been there!

It was my last Toulouse game before moving home to "sunny" Dublin. What a way to go out!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Have to agree with all of the above - brilliant game to watch.

McAllister's kick was brilliant...but it did remind me of this!

http://www.rugbydump.com/2008/02/353/paul-thorburns-legendary-penalty-kick-from-1986

Advertisement