Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tables

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if anybody could give me some advice. Im looking to buy 2 second hand snooker tables and not too sure where to look. I had a quick look on done deal but not sure where else to look. Or could anybody give me an estimate of roughly what i would be expecting to pay for 2 second hand snooker tables including moving them and setting the tables up. Im also looking at getting a meter also i presume this would not be too expensive. At the moment im basically looking at a rough estimate, hopefully people on here can advise me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Contact John Moy, excellent table fitter/ supplier, he will look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lynxter

Hi Guv, glad to hear that you're looking for a couple of tables. In have played and worked in the business for many years so here my best advice:-

Donedeal and other similar website are a great place to start and you probably find the lowest prices there, however there are some issues that you should take into account in deciding what will suit you best.

To have a 12ft table dismantled, moved and re-erected and recovered you would be expecting to pay between €750.00 and €950.00 or thereabouts depending on what is involved.

A table being sold privately will usually not include the cost of moving it from where it is to where you are. This is a skilled job and will take two table fitters the best part of a day to do. Other complicating factors include steps / stairs which would mean that at least two other people would be required to lift the slates (5pcs approx 200kgs each) This would all add to the cost of having this done.

You will also need to consider the playing condition of the table and whether the cushion rubbers, cloth, nets and pocket leathers will need to be repaired or replaced.

If you choose purchase from a reputable company the majority of the above will be looked after by them and you would be paying an all in price to have a used table delivered and installed.

Lastly the quality of cloth and accessories have a huge bearing on how the table will play. There is a huge difference in playing on a table with substandard cloth and cheap balls. If you are hoping to charge customers for using the tables the quality of play will determine whether or not they are happy with their value for money.

There are various types of light meter available which can be sourced through any good electrical wholesaler.

I would suggest that you price around and ask as many companies / fitters for their advice. There has never been more second tables on the market and you should be able to drive a hard bargain with whoever you decide to purchase from.

I have a relationship with a company that would be interested in speaking to you about your requirements. They have a selection of used tables in stock are various prices. You can view them on www.ejriley.ie / special offers

Best of luck with your venture.

:)

Advertisement