Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Masters

Options
  • 15-09-2011 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

The Brazilian Masters kicked off today and as I write this the first match between new world no 1 Mark Selby and Austrailian Open Champion Stuart Bingham is still in progress with Selby currently leading 3-2 in the best of seven match.

Looking at the pictures on Eurosport it seems a nice venue but with a disappointing crowd, and that comes as no surprise with tickets starting at £40 per session.
    From all accounts it's been held in a luxury resort inhabited by reasonably wealthy people who I'm sure can afford it but £40 is a big amount to any normal snooker fan let alone those living in Brazil!
    But it's a new event and I'm sure the organisers may look at the attendances and review their ticket prices!
    All said it's great to see live snooker two weeks running from both sides of the world!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Selby wins 4-3 to continue his great run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

zack01 wrote: »
    Selby wins 4-3 to continue his great run.

I recorded this and watched it late last night, was a very good match. I was really surprised that there was only about 5 people in the crowd. Very good match all the same!

Bingham seems to be playing great lately & he's at 11 now i think, Good luck to him.

I know it's a bit early but i think i'll be throwing a few € on Selby for the World Championships, he will definately win it in the next 3 - 4 years the way he's playng now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im sure its in a luxury resort because its too dangerous to hold in a general arena and such a resort like this is the only sort of place to guarantee safety as much as possible.
    I think there was more gallery area behind those ringside seats but just not used yet. Kinda reminds me of the Las Vegas darts tournament where its flat audience wise. Along with high ticket price the host country location and history of the game must have something to do with numbers too. And i suppose generally when one is in Brazil who wants to pay €40 to be indoors in a conference hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Hopefully the crowds will pick up as the tournament progresses. A couple of seasons ago even the audience numbers for the early rounds of some of the english tournaments would be fairly dire. Having said that, you can definitely feel that there was a better atmosphere last season, and the new Australian Open audiences earlier in the year were surprisingly good the whole way through. Hopefully we'll see more of that with the new international events.

Advertisement