Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thunder b's

Options
  • 15-09-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

(thunder b's) how good are these do you use them what is the cheapist shop too buy co2 and shells . and can you buy them on ebay (the shells)

i want your personal feedback . thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I refused to buy one up til now as there were so many horror stories about them. Then Oddy got one of the new versions to try out and raved about it so I got one for myself. First time out with it @ Tallaght CQB last week I used it in every game and it went off every time. Not only that but the new shell design always popped on the bottom of the shell meaning it was very easy to remove the old shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

sorry for thread jack I'll delete the psot if you like but I wanted to get one too for a while until i heard all the stories, is it the middle shell that's the new type Decoy?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/hakkotsu-thunder-b-co2-sound-grenade-package-tb-s-03-set-a.html

That is one of the 2 new shell types, the middle one in the picture is designed to take hi-vis screw-on endcaps to make the easier to find. The new shell I am talking about is this one: http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=946

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

I love all types of grenade, the thunder B's r great when the work but unfortunatly is when they work i have had both the old version & the new, without a doubt the new version is much better but still hit and miss

the old version i drilled and it was more reliable but even with the improvements the new version still has venting issues plus if thrown far the spoon tends to come away from its pin depending how it lands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Decoy wrote: »
    That is one of the 2 new shell types, the middle one in the picture is designed to take hi-vis screw-on endcaps to make the easier to find. The new shell I am talking about is this one: http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=946

ah cool thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

okeanes wrote: »
    (thunder b's) how good are these do you use them what is the cheapist shop too buy co2 and shells . and can you buy them on ebay (the shells)

i want your personal feedback . thanks

Main Irish Airsoft are the distribution agents for thunderB in Ireland. I checked ehobbyasia and when you take shipping into account, MIA are cheaper and you will get your kit quicker and without customs wanting their slice of the action.
    Remember, buying Irish is not always dearer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

BioHazRd wrote: »
    Main Irish Airsoft are the distribution agents for thunderB in Ireland. I checked ehobbyasia and when you take shipping into account, MIA are cheaper and you will get your kit quicker and without customs wanting their slice of the action.
    Remember, buying Irish is not always dearer

You are right, but there's more to the story. Main Irish Airsoft actually has a Worldwide Dealer account with A.P.S., so if Main Irish Airsoft ever needed anything like Thunder B's, they just log in on the APS Airgun website and order some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

co2cartridges.co.uk for co2, about a third the price if you buy in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

You are right, but there's more to the story. Main Irish Airsoft actually has a Worldwide Dealer account with A.P.S., so if Main Irish Airsoft ever needed anything like Thunder B's, they just log in on the APS Airgun website and order some.

While it doesn't really add anything to the thread, MIA actually have a distribution agreement with the manufacturers, not just APS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

check out strike arms their thunder bs are quite cheap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭okeanes

gerrowadat wrote: »
    co2cartridges.co.uk for co2, about a third the price if you buy in bulk.

any good irish shop to get them in i no mia do them for .80 cent .
    that sight would be good gerrowadat if i owned a airsoft site but i cant buy 100 co2 gas bulbs :rolleyes: and if you take into account p&p there not that much cheaper .

but so far from this thread im finding out that mia are leading in the thunder b's .

BioHazRd wrote: »
    While it doesn't really add anything to the thread, MIA actually have a distribution agreement with the manufacturers, not just APS

I know that Main Irish Airsoft might have other Worldwide Dealer accounts with airsoft companys like ASG, CyberGun etc..., but I'm just saying that Main Irish Airsoft has a Worldwide Dealer account with A.P.S. so if they ever needed more Thunder B grenades, just log in and order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

will the new shell type work with the older type thunder b ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I know that Main Irish Airsoft might have other Worldwide Dealer accounts with airsoft companys like ASG, CyberGun etc..., but I'm just saying that Main Irish Airsoft has a Worldwide Dealer account with A.P.S. so if they ever needed more Thunder B grenades, just log in and order.

do you work for M.I.A.??

as for the thunder b's i have found if you drill 2/3 2.5mm holes in the silver cylinder near the top, it goes off 100% of the time with a delay of 1-3 seconds, depending on the shell used and no. of holes drilled.

thermo wrote: »
    do you work for M.I.A.??

as for the thunder b's i have found if you drill 2/3 2.5mm holes in the silver cylinder near the top, it goes off 100% of the time with a delay of 1-3 seconds, depending on the shell used and no. of holes drilled.

JERRY JERRY ,JERRY .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

i was thinking the same thing.
    What is this jerry and is it airsoft related?:D:D:D

Same thing here...

I don't understand what okeanes is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Jerry, jerry, jerry, is the chant by the audience on the Jerry Springer show... He's insinuating theres an iminent fight.

Kalima... Not only MIA stock thunder Bs, and APS don't make Thunder Bs last time I checked. they make a ripoff copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Shoki

I think he is referring to Jerry Springer.....

how did you'se not see the jerry springer show atleast once . c'mon .

Firekitten wrote: »
    Jerry, jerry, jerry, is the chant by the audience on the Jerry Springer show... He's insinuating theres an iminent fight.

Kalima... Not only MIA stock thunder Bs, and APS don't make Thunder Bs last time I checked. they make a ripoff copy.

on ehh oddys airsoft channel they said the new ones were aps .http://www.youtube.com/user/OddysAirsoft#p/u/5/JZRXFsNwXfM

. skip foward to 0:45 .

okeanes wrote: »
    on ehh oddys airsoft channel they said the new ones were aps .http://www.youtube.com/user/OddysAirsoft#p/u/5/JZRXFsNwXfM

. skip foward to 0:45 .

THANK YOU okeanes.

A.P.S. and Hakkotsu are the same company, which means A.P.S. ARE the actual makers of the Thunder B sound grenades. The new Thunder B sound grenades are the Generation 2 version, which are better. A.P.S. also make the shells which are the smoke shell, flash blank shell, pineapple shell and the cylinder shell.
    Firekitten wrote: »

If you read what I said above, did a bit more research on Accuracy Pneumatics Shooting, including Hakkotsu, you'll find out that I'm right.

^^^

If you read the post above:

A.P.S. Airgun Ltd. (R.A.M. wesite): http://www.apsram.com/

OR...

A.P.S. Airgun Ltd. (Airsoft website): http://www.airsoftaps.com/catalog/index.php

It's better to go onto the 'R.A.M. website' and read the 'introduction', and on the second paragraph it says the name of the owner, which is Mr. Lee Chi Keung, Mr. Frog Lee, or Mr. Frog (Seen it before somewhere). It doesn't really matter what name you pick, because it's the same person.

Hakkotsu: http://www.hakkotsu.com/

If you go onto this link, click 'enter', and then click on 'company', and then go to the third paragraph, you'll see the owners name, which is the same as the owner of A.P.S., because it's the same person.

So just to sum it up:
    --- A.P.S. owns Hakkotsu.
    --- A.P.S. are the makers of the Thunder B sound grenades.
    --- No other airsoft manufacture makes them.
    --- Thunder B sound grenades are awesome!

Firekitten, when you said that 'APS don't make Thunder Bs last time I checked. they make a ripoff copy', you must of been referring to the Tornado airsoft grenades.

Also to okeanes, if you are think of getting these for CQB, I would definitely recommend these, just remember when you pull the safety pin and throw it... cover you ears! Also, remember to check with the site owner first to see if there allowed, as the Thunder B sound grenades can make over 130db of sound.

If you need any help assembly/disassembly or maintaining you Thunder B sound grenade, please read this first:

http://www.hakkotsu.com/html/frameset.htm

Please remember that Thunder B sound grenades should not be modified in any way and that they should never be filled with anything like pellets, water, powder, etc..., as it may cause serious injury.

Hope this will help you okeanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Wow... You know, your constant need to be right on this forum, plus your apparently huge fanboydom for APS makes your posting style pretty grating to read.

The above two posts can be summed up with three words:
    "APS bought Hakkotsu".
    That would really have been enough.

Anyway, if you're looking for noise grenades specifically, I'd also suggest looking at the Madbull GSG and the Thumper Grenade. The Madbull doesn't need any replaceable parts and is pretty reliable, but costs a bit more (works out a lot cheaper in the long run). The Thumper is, from what I've seen, more reliable than (an unmodified) Thunder B, and quite a bit more streamlined too.
    Just pointing out some alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 1.2clicks take the shot

y do people start on eachother when all okeanes wants is cheap co2 and shells and a vesrion 2 aps grenade that owns hacatsu .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 1.2clicks take the shot

thermo wrote: »
    do you work for M.I.A.??

no. of holes drilled.

y how many holes did you drill.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:pac::P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

I was looking at afew youtube vids about the thumper grenade when I seen NakedDex mention them.They look pretty cool, 100% reusable except for the C02 capsule.Been looking all over the net for a place that sells them but can't seem to find anywhere.

• Advertisement

darman28 wrote: »
    I was looking at afew youtube vids about the thumper grenade when I seen NakedDex mention them.They look pretty cool, 100% reusable except for the C02 capsule.Been looking all over the net for a place that sells them but can't seem to find anywhere.

Off the top of my head I know HobbyAirsoft & MIA have them in stock

Advertisement