Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPod connectivity to '06 Volvo S40

Options
  • 15-09-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a 06 Volvo S40 with the High Performance Sound System.

I'm mad to play my iPod through the stereo as the stereo is decent enough. Can anyone reccommend the best solution for this? Everything I've looked at seems to be uncompatible with my particular make/model.

I can't seem to get any straight answer from Car Audio shops on whether or not the Parrott MKi9200 or the Dension 500 is compatible with my car. All I know is that I don't want to rely on an FM transmitter at all, given the interference I'll get.

There is a Volvo kit but again - not compatible with my motor.

Can anyone suggest something that might work?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Google make of stereo with the words "aux in" should give some results?

Generally its just an input on the back of the stereo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulman

Hi, my Sister has an XC90 and I sugested a company called Evolution Sounds, Steven 086-2660507 or look him up on facebook. He installed a system that works through the stereo and is brilliant with the ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭ferg01

paulman wrote: »
    Hi, my Sister has an XC90 and I sugested a company called Evolution Sounds, Steven 086-2660507 or look him up on facebook. He installed a system that works through the stereo and is brilliant with the ipod.

Thanks for the info. I'll give him a buzz so.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

I have a parrot Mki9200 installed in my 2006 S40. It works a dream with the iPod and also iPhone

Advertisement