Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to US bank account but bank has no Swift/BIC code?!?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

As the title says, trying to transfer funds to a US bank account....I have all the details needed like the account number, ABA code + benificary name & address & bank address....only thing is I wasnt given a Swift code by the person Im trying to pay.
    Have searched high & low online but nothing is giving me an answer...even the banks website doesnt have it listed, theyre called the "Gilmore Bank" in LA

Ive seen from snooping around on google that some banks dont have Swift codes over there & that if I transfer with all the other details it should still get there ok but Bank of Ireland are a little hesitant to send without a Swift code as they say it'll probably bounce back - has anyone encountered somethin like this before?!?

I cant pay by Paypal as they'll only accept payment from a confirmed US address but said I can transfer funds to their bank account & then have the item shipped to my friends house in Illinois

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

ABA codes are really only for use when making payments within the US, otherwise swift codes should be used. You should request BOI to make the payment using the swift of correspondent bank for Gilmore Bank, which is CHASUS33 for JP Morgan Chase - they can confirm this information on Bankers Alamac - pretty standard process to use corresspondent banks to route payments to samller banks

Advertisement