Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasa States They Have no idea what these Orbs Of Light UFO's Are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Swamp gas...

I win :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

From the first page of the ats thread:
    This topic and the video is highly misleading...

The objects in the video were spotted just below the shuttle, meaning, they were very small. They were NOT large alien space crafts or "UFOs". They were just fragments of something floating around below them. Also, they were not "orbs of light", they were objects that were reflecting sunlight.

UFO means "unidentified flying object", not "unidentified floating objects". These objects were not controlled, they were just floating below the shuttle like they just fell off.

The OPs video was taken out of context so gullible UFO "researchers" glued to YouTube would freak out.

The man at the end of the video was talking about space junk. They spot space junk all the time, and some of it is so small they never really figure out what it is, or exactly where it came from. Stuff falls off the shuttle all the time... and they never really know exactly where it comes from, or what it is, because it is usually too small to identify. Most of the time it is small pieces of the protective foam that lines the shuttle, and they have to examine the shuttle to find out where it came form and if it threatens their return to Earth.

Basically, this video is taken out of context, and when someone implants the idea that they are talking about "UFOs" you can actually see the video in an entirely different light. However, they are really talking about space junk.....

It amazes me at what lengths some UFO enthusiasts go to just to make a video that makes people go nuts.

Space junk sounds like a reasonable explanation to me

From the first page of the ats thread:

That's what I said. Basically.

Shiney space junk, swamp gassy stuff.

EDIT:
    Now that I have some time to reflect on what I said, It sounds kinda stupid.

You should apply for a job in NASA Jeboa, you're obviously much smarter than those thicks there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Well obviously, anyway here's the full news report
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBlSDwBQayE&

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Just an observation: half the time we are expected to believe that NASA are evil geniuses who lie all the time and stage moon landings, and then when they say 'we don't know what X is' then suddenly they are credible and we believe what they say.

Confusing!! :)

Just an observation: half the time we are expected to believe that NASA are evil geniuses who lie all the time and stage moon landings, and then when they say 'we don't know what X is' then suddenly they are credible and we believe what they say.

Confusing!! :)

So easily confused. Let me give you a dig out..

When NASA tell the truth, they are lying. When NASA lie, they are lying.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose.

:pac:

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    When NASA tell the truth, they are lying. When NASA lie, they are lying.
    Ok, that's much easier to follow. :)

Ok, that's much easier to follow. :)

Glad we cleared that up. Any more queries, pm me, we dont need to drag everyone else through your schooling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

"Over the years we have chased many, many, many of these things".

You are not seriously suggesting that NASA chases pieces of space junk around space/sky/atmosphere and hasnt be able to catch em :D?

These orbs are clearly whats known as ufos, which are suspected alien vehicles, this is a widely held view, prob even amongst NASA people who see em all the time. That guy in the video just admitted it in a calm and frank manor, did he not?

• Advertisement

That guy in the video just admitted it in a calm and frank manor, did he not?
    It looked more like a presentation room to me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Context, OP, Context.

They spotted these objects AFTER they tested the steering jets.

methinks they are bits of unburnt fuel from the steering jets or are bits of foil clading etc.

The default setting to UFO sh1te is ridiculous.

Very tiring. Very tiring indeed. I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They seem like probe bots rather than spacecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

shedweller wrote: »
    Context, OP, Context.

methinks they are bits of unburnt fuel from the steering jets or are bits of foil clading etc.

Dunno, they look like street lamps to me.

shedweller wrote: »
    Context, OP, Context.

Aside from NASA, you are the first to mention "UFO's", and yes, it is rediculous.

I thought they were chasing unburnt fuel too, many times. :pac:

Context dude, context.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

They seem like probe bots rather than spacecraft.

Probe-bots with one thing on their mind, Uranus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    Aside from NASA, you are the first to mention "UFO's", and yes, it is rediculous.

I thought they were chasing unburnt fuel too, many times. :pac:

Context dude, context.

I think it was nasa, if your quotes are correct:
    Nasa States They, "Have no idea what these Orbs Of Light UFO's Are",

At best i think this is a diversion, to keep some of us busy while something else happens. (fukushima) cough (bank bailouts) cough
    Hey, look at me posting here! Proof if ever there was!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

Used condoms?

Advertisement