Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punches Car Wash

Options
  • 15-09-2011 2:43pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on boards deal, and passed by the other day. Anyone used them? Might get the deal if it is good value. Last good clean before I give up for winter. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They do a good job on cars from what I have seen of their work. I know a few who got the cheaper valets done and they were happy that they got value for money. The insides of the cars looked pretty good to my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Used them back in April/May (when summer threatened :rolleyes: ). Decent valet job and thorough all round cleaning/waxing job on the body.

Would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Kess73 wrote: »
    They do a good job on cars from what I have seen of their work. I know a few who got the cheaper valets done and they were happy that they got value for money. The insides of the cars looked pretty good to my eye.
    +1. I had their €15 express valet done because I had to pick up a visiting VIP from the airport and they did a pretty thorough job in the 45 mins I could leave the car with them for. My only gripe was that a bit of the cockpit spray ended up on the inside of the windscreen, but if you were going for a full valet like in the deal I'm sure they do the inside of the windows last. They also gave me a loyalty card, I think it was something like a free car wash every fifth time you use them.

I found them much better than a certain unnamed rival a mile up the Childers road who seems to leave the car valeting to teenagers who haven't a clue/couldn't give a toss..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

peckerhead wrote: »
    +1. I had their €15 express valet done because I had to pick up a visiting VIP from the airport and they did a pretty thorough job in the 45 mins I could leave the car with them for. My only gripe was that a bit of the cockpit spray ended up on the inside of the windscreen, but if you were going for a full valet like in the deal I'm sure they do the inside of the windows last. They also gave me a loyalty card, I think it was something like a free car wash every fifth time you use them.

I found them much better than a certain unnamed rival a mile up the Childers road who seems to leave the car valeting to teenagers who haven't a clue/couldn't give a toss..

A good test of valeting company is to ask if you think your car needs claying. If the spotty teenager looks at you with a blank spare it is time to leave. I have seen, especially in the multi storey car parks, young lads washing cars with fairy liquid and brushes. Works beautifully in the short term until any stone chips start to rust encouraged by the salt in the Fairy. One i know advertises a no brush wash and they use a brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 washwell

jsd1004 wrote: »
    A good test of valeting company is to ask if you think your car needs claying. If the spotty teenager looks at you with a blank spare it is time to leave. I have seen, especially in the multi storey car parks, young lads washing cars with fairy liquid and brushes. Works beautifully in the short term until any stone chips start to rust encouraged by the salt in the Fairy. One i know advertises a no brush wash and they use a brush.
    Big difference with brush types though! Those hard Poly brushes are dangerous to the paintwork, however the hogs hair brushes are actually way safer than a sponge. They are just 5 x times the price so some guys don't use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

do they do the whole interior ?

reason im asking is the last valet i got done never done the roof headling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

the e129 one include whole interior AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

the e129 one include whole interior AFAIK

Would anyone seriously pay this to have their car cleaned??? Are ye mad!!!
    Grab the Hoover buy some bits and bobs and you'll wash and wax it ten times for about 40 euro.

Advertisement