Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time of day does clearing happen?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have a question about clearing which I still haven't found an answer to despite my searches. What time of day exactly does it take for the money to actually go into the account?

I put withdrew money from my Paypal to my AIB account last Friday. It said it would take 2-3 "business days" to go through... It's been 5 at this stage. I was told sometimes it takes 5 which is fine except there's still nothing in there. So is there a specific time of day or are they just being lazy ****s?

Getting kind of irritated at this stage because I do need to buy food...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It updates five nights a week - usually around 2.30am.

i.e. Monday night = 2.30am on Tuesday.

up until Friday night which is 2.30am on Saturday.

nothing happens Saturday or Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Thanks for that. There's still no sign of the money though, it's definitely over five days at this stage. I'm going to have to contact them because this is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

As a matter of coincidence, I withdrew money from my Paypal on 13th Sept sometime in the afternoon and it hit my AIB account yesterday morning. This is the first time I have ever cashed out from Paypal so not sure if this was a once off or the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

It shouldn't take more than 3 working days. In fact most times I have done a transfer it only takes 2 days.

If it's not there by Monday you should contact them. On your PayPal has the money gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If it's not there today it won't be there on Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement