Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Sports as Gaeilge???

Options
  • 15-09-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Dia dhaoibh go léir...

I am just throwing this out there, a bit of a mad notion to be honest, but who knows. I have recently been plugging on national radio (RnaG) an idea of putting a crew together of extreme sports enthusiasts who have a common interest in our native language. Anyone interested in this DOES NOT have to be fluent, but will at least have "cúpla focal", or have an keen interest in Irish language/culture. This is not just for Irish people alone, it is open to anyone. This is not a short term flash in the pan thing but more of a long term goal.

My goal is to put a dedicated crew together of people together who want to participate in some crazy adrenaline pumping adventures, shoot the activities and put them up online e.g. Youtube etc. This is what I do anyway, so I might as well open it up to others with the same mentality.

Here is an example of what I do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16wlPTkCD8k
    (that's me on the parachute by the way!)

...but not just limited to this.

A little bit about me, I'm 32 years old work in TV production, have a skydiving license with 56 jumps on it, a SCUBA license with 18 dives done, ran with the bulls in Pamplona 8 times and done a few bungee jumps to boot.

No time-wasters please!

Any thoughts?

Míle buíochas :)

P.

Advertisement