Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Loan Insurance refuse to pay !

Options
  • 15-09-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help.
    I lost my fulltime job a few months ago , (Christmas) and had a big loan to pay the Bank still. I was offered another 'full time' job straight after and because of my financial situation I took it. This job, which I was told would be full time, turned out only to be Christmas & New Year cover. I have been unemployed since.
    I have since filled in all of the required forms for a certain loan insurance company, (they may begin with G) and they have written back to me today to tell me they won't pay my loan because I was only in temporary employment, and my work was seasonal.
    What do I do? the job I had before the '2 week full time' job was for 7 years and I only took the 2 week job to pay my Christmas debts. It looks like if i'd never had taken the 2nd job my loan would be paid.

So, has anybody any advise / experience of this? I'm in a big hole now.
    Thanks in advance,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Simonigs1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help.
    I lost my fulltime job a few months ago , (Christmas) and had a big loan to pay the Bank still. I was offered another 'full time' job straight after and because of my financial situation I took it. This job, which I was told would be full time, turned out only to be Christmas & New Year cover. I have been unemployed since.
    I have since filled in all of the required forms for a certain loan insurance company, (they may begin with G) and they have written back to me today to tell me they won't pay my loan because I was only in temporary employment, and my work was seasonal.
    What do I do? the job I had before the '2 week full time' job was for 7 years and I only took the 2 week job to pay my Christmas debts. It looks like if i'd never had taken the 2nd job my loan would be paid.

So, has anybody any advise / experience of this? I'm in a big hole now.
    Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    Put a compaint in writing outlining the above, go through their complaints process and if need be esculate your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman. I believe that FSO has had many complaints about "G" and has unheld quite a few but not all as their T&C's are quite tight.

Good luck and post the out come as it may inspire others in a similar situation!

Advertisement