Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spectator teaser trailer video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paulkingmusic

I'm sorry I don't speak Irish so i don't understand your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I really like what I heard of the song, seemed to be a strong Helmet influence going on. Cant say I was too blown away by the video though. It looked like a good concept but the footage looks like it was recorded with a cheap camcorder. Ill keep an open mind until I see the full thing though, looking forward to hearing the full song anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clivetanner

Splinters wrote: »
    ... the footage looks like it was recorded with a cheap camcorder.

Thanks for your reply, but please watch in HD. Also this is just a teaser, the effects haven't been completed yet. The footage was shot on a Sony Ex1, far from a cheap camcorder. Anyway tune in for the final video release on September 26th.

:D

I love how you assume I was watching the low res version just because I didnt like the look of the footage. I assure you I was watching the 1080 version but I still think it looks quite cheap.

Also the edits for a fast heavy song like that should be a lot quicker. That track sounds as if in the region of 135 - 140 bpm which should mean very short fast cuts but even from the trailer you appear to be going for 4 - 5 second cuts which makes it seeem a lot slowerer and drawn out to the viewer then a fast paced heavy track like that really should.

Ill be more then happy to watch the full video when its online but I stand by my comments based on the footage and edits shown in the trailer.

Have you got some examples of your own work available?

• Advertisement

Plenty, but its not really relevant to my opinion on this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

That teaser trailer is cool! Looking forward to seeing the entire video when it's finished. Where was it filmed?

Thanks Vrobot, much appreciated. It was filmed in the Town Hall Theatre in Galway.

Advertisement