Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Thorne: New Book

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Great, thanks for that, i'll certainly have a read of it.
    Met him a few times and found him great company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah id say hes one for the colourfull funny storys, looking forward to it too. He always has a few humourous tales which i expect he will sprinkle liberally!.

Well he's known as the great WT by all the players and friends alike so that gives a slight insight into his life !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hadn't realised he'd been through all that, but knew he was a serious punter from back in the 80s. Really wanted him to beat Davis in that 85 UK final. Once he blew that lead, it stuck with him, but he was at the top of his game then.

Yes I remember that, didn't he miss a blue of the spot when only needing that and pink for victory?
    His bottle was always suspect, even when he beat Hendry in the first round of the world championships on Hendry's first Cruicble appearance he was as pale as a ghost with the pressure Hendry had him under!

Still in all he was a good player, lovely to watch and used to make maximums for fun in practice yet never made one in tournament play.

Looking forward to reading the book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement