Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 euro daily limit with BOI Laser card outside euro zone

Options
  • 15-09-2011 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am off to thailand on friday and as I dont have a credit card I have no choice but to bring cash with me, this is because I have heard that the BOI have imposed a 100 limit on atm transactions within a 24hr period and with that comes the massive charges for each transaction, I obviously can't substantiate this but I also cant take the risk, if this does prove to be true the BOI will be loosing another customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I am off to thailand on friday and as I dont have a credit card I have no choice but to bring cash with me, this is because I have heard that the BOI have imposed a 100 limit on atm transactions within a 24hr period and with that comes the massive charges for each transaction, I obviously can't substantiate this but I also cant take the risk, if this does prove to be true the BOI will be loosing another customer

Most of the Irish banks now impose such limits in regions which are not Chip&Pin, it's nothing really to do with the euro zone, apart from the fact that most of the euro zone is Chip&Pin, and this is to prevent/reduce the risk of your card being skimmed and all your money stolen.

Apart from the FX fees, a lot of the charges on foreign ATM withdrawls actually come from the foreign ATM provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Most of the Irish banks now impose such limits in regions which are not Chip&Pin, it's nothing really to do with the euro zone, apart from the fact that most of the euro zone is Chip&Pin, and this is to prevent/reduce the risk of your card being skimmed and all your money stolen.

Apart from the FX fees, a lot of the charges on foreign ATM withdrawls actually come from the foreign ATM provider

So its not really specific to BOI, I heard AIB allow 250 euro but the BOI only 100

Advertisement