Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late period

Options
  • 14-09-2011 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi All,

Bit of a problem, my last period was on the 12th of aug and it lasted 3 days.

I had unprotected sex on the 21st but he didnt come inside me at all, it wasn't the pull out method either.

Im terrified to do a test incase its positive and I havent a clue when my periods come as I had the coil for years and never had them until april this year.

Given the circumstances above could I be pregnant? I dont feel like I am, Ive been pregnant 3 times and always knew I was if you know what I mean.

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Do a test. You're either preg or you're not, but it's decided by now. You might as well know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭gmac102

Ayla wrote: »
    Do a test. You're either preg or you're not, but it's decided by now. You might as well know.

thanks for your reply, do you think based on the information its possible?

I honestly have no idea...periods can be late for a number of reasons - preg is only one of them. But if you don't really know when your period was due, how do you know you're late?

I honestly have no idea...periods can be late for a number of reasons - preg is only one of them. But if you don't really know when your period was due, how do you know you're late?

because i know when my last one was and i used an online calculator to see when i should have gotten it again

very confusing i know sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

gmac102 wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, do you think based on the information its possible?

Deffo possible. But unlikely.
    Do the test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Periods can be late for a number of reasons. You could be pregnant, you could not. Just take a test, you'll know for sure then.

True, but unless you're over a week late I wouldn't consider it late per se. Maybe it's delayed (possibly b/c you're stressing over it). But again, if you're worried about it, do a test. If you are preg though it'll be early days so a test may not be fully conclusive at this stage. If it comes back saying you're not preg, but you still don't get your period for another week, then take another test.

johnayo wrote: »
    Deffo possible. But unlikely.
    Do the test.

thank you very much :)

True, but unless you're over a week late I wouldn't consider it late per se. Maybe it's delayed (possibly b/c you're stressing over it). But again, if you're worried about it, do a test. If you are preg though it'll be early days so a test may not be fully conclusive at this stage. If it comes back saying you're not preg, but you still don't get your period for another week, then take another test.

I will, Thank you very much.

I feel a bit better.... i was stressing about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Liberal Irishman

There is no uncertainty about whether or not you might have been pregnant. A man does not have to cum inside you for you to become pregnant. A small amount of sperm can be released at any time during intercourse.
    Be educated, Be safe!

• Advertisement
Advertisement