Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to buy Lidl stuff once it is sold out in shops?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

There was a nice pair of boots on offer in Lidl last week but once I found out about them my size had been sold out and there were only a few odd stragglers left.

Is there anywhere I can buy these shoes? Do they have an online shop or something? They can't just design and produce a new brand of shoes for a week and then throw them away... I'm sure there are some spares lying around Ireland somewhere! What can I do? I really want these boots!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Call Lidl customer service and see if they can check the stores stock records.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

I'll give it a go but surely somebody has been in my situation and can tell me exactly how to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Broads.ie wrote: »
    I'll give it a go but surely somebody has been in my situation and can tell me exactly how to do it?

They've got no online shop, that's for sure, and I don't think any shop phone numbers are published anywhere.

This might be your best bet:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-2D7A12D4-46FCA6C9/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/5497.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Broads.ie wrote: »

Yes ask in store for advice and then just get over it!

They don't design and make the shoes; they buy in a bargain lot. The whole idea with Aldi and Lidl is quick, short, sharp offers. Here today, gone tomorrow. If you don't grab an offer on the day advertised, don't expect to pick them up later. It's the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If there are other Lidl branches in your area, it can be worth checking them out. Things do not sell at the same rate everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Keep a close eye on the Lidl website - every few months they have a warehouse clearance of old stock. We managed to pick up stuff we had 'missed' when they were on sale in store (their rain gear for kids is exceptionally good!).

I don't know what part of the country you are in OP - but I know in Cork the warehouse sale takes place in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They've got no online shop, that's for sure, and I don't think any shop phone numbers are published anywhere.

This might be your best bet:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-2D7A12D4-46FCA6C9/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/5497.htm

They have an online shop in Germany, maybe they expand that offer to other countries as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Lars1916 wrote: »
    They have an online shop in Germany, maybe they expand that offer to other countries as well?

I think they also allow payment by credit card and even sell cheap cigarettes in Germany, at Aldi Sud anyway.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Lidl have a bargain shop at Gullivers Retail Park in Ballymun think it opens Thursday to Saturday where they sell end of line stuff. Its just on the left as you come off the M50 towards Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dec_

maringo wrote: »
    Lidl have a bargain shop at Gullivers Retail Park in Ballymun think it opens Thursday to Saturday where they sell end of line stuff. Its just on the left as you come off the M50 towards Ballymun.

Yes. It opens Thurs to Sunday 11am to 7pm. The Real Bargains are Gone by 11.15 on thursday as there is always a Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think they also allow payment by credit card and even sell cheap cigarettes in Germany, at Aldi Sud anyway.:(

They do that nationwide in Germany...due to high demand, I was told when I went over the last time (credit card payment and online shopping, I mean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lidlfan

When I miss something by not buying it immediately, I usually have success by phoning round all the other Lidl stores I could get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Zombie thread - closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement