Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 14-09-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Just got mobile broadband was wondering how to get onto xbox live with it? is it with a cable from laptop to xbox? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Go into Network settings and then go into LAN properties and enable sharing. Then just run a cable from your laptop to Xbox.

... It probably won't be great for gaming, depending on your ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Thanks. Doesnt seem to be working something about an ip address..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭LiamIRL82

Buy a 3g router, it will save ya a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Not that it will work to any reasonable standard anyway, Pings are too high on 3G "broadband"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Meesared wrote: »
    Not that it will work to any reasonable standard anyway, Pings are too high on 3G "broadband"

Work ok for me for a while (dundalk also) when i was waiting on smart telecom to install. suppose it depends on the operator and coverage in your area

http://www.renjusblog.com/2009/02/connect-mobile-broadband-dongle-to-xbox.html

Heres a step by step....Worked a treat for me with windows xp but i could never get it going on vista

• Advertisement
Advertisement