Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Training App

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I got in on that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

looks deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Just a wee bump up for this.

I was passing through the airport yesterday and [nerd alert]I picked up a copy of Wired[/nerd alert] and It featured an small article on this Zombie get fit app.

The Article:
    When it comes to getting fit, a personal trainer is usally the expert of choice - not an award winning novelist, but Londoner Naomi Alderman, 37, author of Disobedience and The Lessons, is the secret weapon behind developer Six to Start;s phone fitness app Zombies, Run! "I think this is the best story driven zombie fitness game in the world" says Alderman of the project. "But then, I thinks it's the only story driven zombie fitness game in the world"

Zombies, Run! uses narrative to keep backsliders pounding the pavement. Players slip into the trainers of Runner 5, a post apocalyptic scavenger. As they run, their play-list is interrupted by messages from other survivors, congratulating them for finding supplies pr warning of approaching zombies. The moaning of the undead in the earphones means it's time to pick up the pace.

The first "season" contains 24 episodes, along with a plot-free re-playable "grind" sessions and a sofa-to-5K primer.

With a mix of plot driven episodes and monster of the week ones off's, the first season promises aerobic thrills and zombies kills aplenty. After thousands of pre orders from it's Kickstarter fund-raising campaign, Six to Start is already planning for season two.

"We've barley scratched the surface of what happened outside your base. There's a bigger world out there to explore".

The updated webpage is here and it says the App is coming in quarter 1 2012. https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

A video clip

However the App is listed (in the pre order section) with a price of U$12 :eek:

I'll wait and see how this develops but at that price... I'm afraid not... a real shame as the concept is something I love!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Glad I backed it and get the app for free along with a cool shirt

Advertisement