Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP- query about debit card issue

Options
  • 14-09-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there,

I've lost my debit card that I used to purchase something last week. I am planning on calling to report the card lost and hopefully get a new one issued. Do you know will the card work in the same way, as in will I be able to return my purchase using the new card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Yeah, I actually got a refund onto my Visa card by mistake. I used the visa debit to pay but handed over the credit one for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Usually when we do refunds we check the first few numbers from the receipt. You could bring the packaging from the new card to prove it is a replacement just in case the store asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Are the numbers not always shown as xxxxx. Its a handy idea alright to show the new paperwork, but I think its unnecessary, the shop do not need to know the personal circumstances. Thats just me though, very secretive :p

Advertisement