Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype Cafe

Options
  • 14-09-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Is there any internet cafe in Galway where you can use Skype & have a bit of privacy for a job interview ..

The job is abroad so it's an initial touch base so I'd need it to be private.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I can tell you where to find the internet cafes in Galway - but I don't think privacy is a feature of any of 'em.

You could chance the one in Electronic Partners cos not many people know it's there. Maybe even ask them what it would take to book the whole room for an hour or two.

Or if you think it's worth investing, and have a laptop with Skype, try renting a room in a serviced office. Most of them offer a 1/2 day rate, with wireless BB included. Not cheap, but not as bad as you might think either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Upstairs in internet cafe by The Malt House can be empty sometimes, but it's hit and miss.

Borrow a laptop and hit a quieter wifi pub and take a corner. Massimos in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ask someone if you can use their laptop in their house. You must know someone who'd be happy to help. If not someone here might offer .I'd offer myself but I'm not sure when I'll be free and able to help the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

inisboffin wrote: »
    Upstairs in internet cafe by The Malt House can be empty sometimes, but it's hit and miss.

Borrow a laptop and hit a quieter wifi pub and take a corner. Massimos in the day?
    Job interview in the pub? Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

ScumLord wrote: »
    Job interview in the pub? Hmmm.

People DO need to have lunch :P

Probably way quieter in a corner of an empty pub than an internet cafe tbh.

A mate's house with a laptop would have course been the best option, but I presume OP had ruled that option out as he was asking for an internet cafe.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't be ideal but if you have a smart phone it's possible you could Skype via it. Mobile Skype can be quite good if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,335 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

People still use internet café's ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Thanks for the help & replies..I managed to get a laptop, all I need now is a microphone & camera...any help with that?

Thanks again!!

Thanks for the help & replies..I managed to get a laptop, all I need now is a microphone & camera...any help with that?

Thanks again!!

You can get one for 20 quid in Argos.The camera has an inbuilt mic in most cases.
    Dodgy suggestion upcoming: I should not recommend this but you could probably buy it and use it and return it next day for a refund if you're really careful with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

You can get one for 20 quid in Argos.The camera has an inbuilt mic in most cases.
    Dodgy suggestion upcoming: I should not recommend this but you could probably buy it and use it and return it next day for a refund if you're really careful with it.

Cheers, nah I may as well hold on to it, what are they called when I go to look for it?
    & whimisical your first post was a very neighbourly gesture in relation to lending a laptop, you don't even know me. Fair play..

• Advertisement

Cheers, nah I may as well hold on to it, what are they called when I go to look for it?
    & whimisical your first post was a very neighbourly gesture in relation to lending a laptop, you don't even know me. Fair play..

They're called webcams.

Here they are : http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=Webcam&authToken=

I've seen this one in action and it was plenty up to the job : http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9295098/Trail/searchtext%3EWEBCAM.htm
    It's 20 quid.

And I'm glad you found a laptop. If you hadn't by today I was going to pm you and see if we could sort something. I would not want to leave someone stuck in this situation. Good luck with the interview!!!:)

Advertisement