Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Decorations on Littlewoods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hey, thanks for that. I love looking at Christmas decorations. I am hoping to make some this year. Made a few last year but not as much as I had hoped. Think I might start picking up a few things now and get started. Cant wait til Penneys start stocking up on the cheap tinsel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'll bung this in here rather than start a new thread. I was hoping to pick up some christmas decoration bargains, but I missed the boat in January when I suspect most of the sales were on. What are the chances that some places will wheel out last year's stock at discounted prices before this year's stock comes in? Or are decorations not really a "last year/this year" kind of thing?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

corblimey wrote: »
    I'll bung this in here rather than start a new thread. I was hoping to pick up some christmas decoration bargains, but I missed the boat in January when I suspect most of the sales were on. What are the chances that some places will wheel out last year's stock at discounted prices before this year's stock comes in? Or are decorations not really a "last year/this year" kind of thing?

Although Decorations do tend to change from year to year there is usually some stock reused from year to year. I do feel you've missed the boat on getting cheap decorations for this year. This is the time of year when demand for Christmas decorations is at its highest therefore the price would reflect that.

Obviously the best time to buy cheap Christmas decorations is January. You wouldn't believe some of the things my mother bought last year all for under 20euro, but she's still going to buy more stuff, her house is like Santa's Grotto every year, haha.

Advertisement