Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphs in Thesis-Help??!!

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My thesis is due Friday, I'm working hard on my results section at the moment. I have over 70 graphs and I'm wondering what the most appropriate way to place them is? I have graphs that combine for instance 5 others into 1. Should I place all the individual graphs in an Appendix and just leave the combinations in the Results section?

any help would be much appreciated, shaking with nerves at the moment!:eek:

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hi guys,

My thesis is due Friday, I'm working hard on my results section at the moment. I have over 70 graphs and I'm wondering what the most appropriate way to place them is? I have graphs that combine for instance 5 others into 1. Should I place all the individual graphs in an Appendix and just leave the combinations in the Results section?

any help would be much appreciated, shaking with nerves at the moment!:eek:

Cheers,
    Dave

It would depend on how the report itself is structured imo. If you are going to comment on each particular graph i.e a paragraph or more, you could put them in.

If they are being used for comparison , then just the complete one may be best.Visual representation is a great way to get your point across but you don't want them to be very cluttered.

Also it would depend on how much explaining that they would need.

Lastly, wouldn't they be going into your list of figures rather than the appendix. Its been a couple of years since i finished mine so i am open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I have graphs that combine for instance 5 others into 1.
    It seems excessive to show the same data in different ways, but it depends on what you're showing and how you want to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

It seems excessive to show the same data in different ways

Each graph has n= 5 tests. The test is the same but results are different each time. I've been asked to put them in my appendices, thanks for the help guys

Advertisement