Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolley battery

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get a battery for a Mocad trolley. From what i've heard the batteries that come with the Mocad trollies aren't supposed to be very good. Any suggestions on a good quality battery and where to get it (preferrable online or Cork area)? Also what amp rating would ye recommend i get - i would rarely need it to last for more than 18 holes but i wouldn't mind a bit extra either i suppose?

I assume the higher the rating the longer the battery will last out on the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

hi there,

I buy my Mocad replacement batteries in the Mocad repair centre on the Tramore Road in Cork.

rgds.,

Valc

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Sounds like you replace them quite often???

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

I play a lot of golf!!

Have 3 batteries & replace as one dies. I play a lot of golf so like to have a speare handy just in case!

valc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Saw a new lithium battery that's out in my local shop. It goes with any trolley as it has various attachments. Light as a feather and is supposed to have a lifespan five times longer than your average battery ... Hence the hefty asking price of €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 charlie7k

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to get a battery for a Mocad trolley. From what i've heard the batteries that come with the Mocad trollies aren't supposed to be very good. Any suggestions on a good quality battery and where to get it (preferrable online or Cork area)? Also what amp rating would ye recommend i get - i would rarely need it to last for more than 18 holes but i wouldn't mind a bit extra either i suppose?

I assume the higher the rating the longer the battery will last out on the course?

Hi don't ever buy mocad golf trolley in woodies anyway , I purchased one there battery only lasted 10 hrs blew up , I contacted mocad and they informed me that battery in the trolley was out of date and was lucky to get 10 hrs from it , , seemingly wodies had golf trolleys in their warehouse over 2 years without being sold , and I got no hop from woodies said it wasent their problem , def shop out tramore road I heard where good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Recommend golf concepts on Tramore Rd.
    http://www.golfconcepts.ie/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

5 Year old thread lads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement