Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address at bank.

Options
  • 13-09-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi there,

I recently moved to a new place and need to change my address at AIB. I looked it up online and they say they need a confirmation of address and a utility bill.

Well I managed to get a copy of the electric bill from my landlord and asked him to write a letter stating I live here but he said I should just bring the lease.

Does anyone know here whether that would be accepted? I also have to go through this at the social welfare office and they say I need the same as at the bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Your lease and one or more utility bills will be plenty to provide the evidence you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Strange that in the past I had been changing addresses, I just wrote to the branch customer service so they update my address. no question asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Yeah its changed im afraid, wrote in to them a couple of years ago to change an address, they rang me and told me to make my way to the branch, whic is obviously very handy to do when your lucky enough to have a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

I changed my address with AIB around 5 months ago and wasn't asked for a proof of the new address at all. Simply told them and they changed it. I was in the branch at that time, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It's generally at the bank's discretion.

If they're sure it's you then they should amend the address subject to you signing a change of address form or supplying them with a written instruction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement