Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!! failed two modules!!!!

Options
  • 13-09-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I failed two of my second year second semester modules by 5 and 6 percent. what are the chances of me being able to carry these failed modules into third year considering i will be on intra when these will be repeated again. does this ever happen or is there no point in trying? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hmmm I'm not sure about carrying, but I'm sure if you talk to someone in the school to confirm this, I think they would make allowances for days off to sit the exam(s) but doubt they'll do any more than that. Is that what you are wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yy4u

I guess talking to someone in the school would be the best thing to do. I really don't want to have to repeat the year because of 11% but i suppose there are worst things that could happen. It's time for me to let go of the crazy idea that they will just let me progress to third year and re-take the test again in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I doubt that they will let you carry 2 modules into 3rd Year, However best option is to talk to your Programme Chair and lecturers who set the exams and see what comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Garseys wrote: »
    However best option is to talk to your Programme Chair...
    That is good advice.
    Almost all programmes in DCU have a rule that no module carrying is allowed. This is a new regulation, as it used to be allowed in the past in certain circumstances.
    I know several people who repeated last year for just one module!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

H2G2 wrote: »
    That is good advice.
    Almost all programmes in DCU have a rule that no module carrying is allowed. This is a new regulation, as it used to be allowed in the past in certain circumstances.
    I know several people who repeated last year for just one module!

Happened to me in 1st Year.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 yy4u

I think talking to the Programme Chair is the best advice but i'm pretty sure there going to tell me what i already know which is that i'm going to have to repeat the year :(

Advertisement