Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

too good to be true??

Options
  • 13-09-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

seen a 2008 mini clubman for sale for under €5,000 (with low mileage)

whats going on here?! defo too go be true??

seller also only gives an email in the ad and has not replied to my queries?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mac89 wrote: »

Link?

Also, is it on fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mac89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Without being over dramatic RUN like f*ck!
    Scam and yeah too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mac89

what surprises me is that they wont even respond to an email!! like if they going to actually bother trying to scam ppl you'd think they'd reply!!!!!!

siiiigh ... i guess i can dream on!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

A scam on Gumtree ? Surely some mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Damien360

I usually go on the rule of "if it is too good to be true, then it is too good to be true".

€5000 for that is either a scam or a misprint. Folks, what makes you think scam other than the silly price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

what surprises me is that they wont even respond to an email!! like if they going to actually bother trying to scam ppl you'd think they'd reply!!!!!!

Don't loose hope just yet. Im sure you will get the standard reply of the car belongs to my dead brother and is in Liverpool....etc etc in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

am going to go with the doctor from iceland got a job at home car in england pay for all shipping.e.t.c. i personally like to drag this out as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot believe that some people are still duped by these ultra cheap prices. Do a bit of research and see the average price of similar cars, anything that is miles cheaper should ring alarm bells. These cars are not genuinely being given away for half nothing.

The other give away is that the only way to contact these bogus sellers is by email. Everyone has a mobile phone these days and genuine sellers will always be contactable by phone.Scammers will always communicate via email.

• Advertisement
Advertisement