Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trademark Opposition Help OHIM

Options
  • 13-09-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi All,

i registered a trademark with the OHIM earlier this year. Unfortunately a guy in Spain has objected to my mark.

my business does not have the funds required to hire a professional right now so im going to have to wing it and im hoping someone can help.

Heres the lowdown:
    my application was for a placement in class 1
    on the objection notice it the opposition seems to be about the class i have tried to register in (see attachment)

My question is this:
    there is another category (37) that would equally suit my products. can i just contact OHIM and tell them to reclassify my product into cat 37?

thanks in advance!!

Al
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigalk

ok - i want to revise my post. i have found out that i cannot simply move to another classification (unless the item was wrongly classified in the first place)

my question is now: is there any way i can change my application (change to a figurative mark from a word mark for example) to enable me to co exist with the opponent.

any thoughts much appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement