Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second level 5 fetac

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Im stuck in a rut!! I decided I would like to do a childcare course which starts next week and its a Fetac level 5. But in 2009 I done a fetac level 5 in a total different area to childcare but realised it wasnt what i wanted but i finished it anyways. I was told last night by a friend I wont be entitled to any grant or payment since its another level 5 im doing. What should i do please help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

ENMcD wrote: »
    Im stuck in a rut!! I decided I would like to do a childcare course which starts next week and its a Fetac level 5. But in 2009 I done a fetac level 5 in a total different area to childcare but realised it wasnt what i wanted but i finished it anyways. I was told last night by a friend I wont be entitled to any grant or payment since its another level 5 im doing. What should i do please help :(
    Dont take your freinds word for it , take it up with the relevent athority

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Your friend is probably right. It's unlikely that you will get a grant twice for the same level. You are only entitled to a grant when you are progressing up the qualifications framework.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

so i found out i cant do the course cause if i do i will have no money what so ever cos ill lose out on the jsa, not long enough on it to get btea. so mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭misstierney

Is that rule re no grant unless you're prgressing, set in stone? Are there any exemptions to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ulstergirl

Have you ever considered doing the childcare course part time? My sister is doing this at the moment with our local vec. If you are registered with FAS you are entitled to €500 of funding per year. The modules are usually €100 each and there are 8 in total you need to complete. You could do these over 2 years:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'll probably be shot for saying this but have you any childcare experience , even child minding? Why not try apply for the level 6 Supervision in Childcare or level 6 Montessori module? You may not get it but at least it would be progression from level 5 . Its worth a try:)

Advertisement