Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car buying service? (2nd hand car)

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

I hate and do not enjoy buying cars. I am also very busy and do not have much time or patience for hanging around dealers, test driving or getting 3rd party inspections on cars.

Is there such a thing as a independent 2nd hand car buying service that I tell what I am looking for, what my budget is and for someone to find that car for me, do all the recommended due diligence and checks and deliver the car to my house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The best and most exciting part about buying a new car is the searching, price checking etc.!

Also for me, one of the exciting parts is trying to have my previous car sold in time to buy the new one i.e. racing against time before the new one is sold to someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I hate and do not enjoy buying cars. I am also very busy and do not have much time or patience for hanging around dealers, test driving or getting 3rd party inspections on cars.

Is there such a thing as a independent 2nd hand car buying service that I tell what I am looking for, what my budget is and for someone to find that car for me, do all the recommended due diligence and checks and deliver the car to my house.

Even if there was...people would not be willing to pay for such a service...very time intensive & as such would be expensive.

Just tell you're local independant garage what your after & usually if the sales person is any good they'll can you sorted....price permitting.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Even if there was...people would not be willing to pay for such a service...very time intensive & as such would be expensive.

Not to mention the scope for an unhappy customer to blame the car ' sourcer ' should anything go amiss months or even years down the road - a job like that is a poisoned chalice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Found a dealer who did this for me. Sourced, bought and imported the car. Did all the checks and provided a 12 month warranty and road side assistance. Got exactly what I wanted for about €1500 under my budget. Easiest car purchase of my life!

Advertisement