Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPG 4.5kg

Options
  • 12-09-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Folks just imported a camper from England, have a query about the gas bottles. Is there anywhere in Cork region that supplies this type of bottle. Its a 4.5kg Butane (blue) bottle x 2. I cant replace with bigger bottle because of limited width of entrance through cupboard door. Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

See if there is a flow gas depo in the area they my be able to refill them - even if they aren't flow gas ask you might get lucky or told some here that does.

If you go to a bring centre you'll see that people are always throwing out cylinders, see if you can get two camping gas ones, 2.75KG this much more expensive to refill but will get you going and fit.

They are 70 bucks first time out and 20 to refill -thats why you should get one at the bring centre for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

Try the cork gas center on forge hill they refill butane and propane bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alanv420

Thanks spacihopper, irishrver will follow up your sugestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Hi Alan.
    I'm in Crosshaven and have a couple of full UK Blue 4.5Kg cylinders - come and talk to me and maybe we can do a deal :)

Also - there ARE similar sized bottles to be had with the Irish type regulators - not as cheap per kg as the large bottles but nowhere near as expensive as Campingaz. AFAIK 4Home/Coop Superstores in Carrigaline has or had them now and then. Mrs Power in Crosshaven had them too at one stage.
    The little shop in Waterford opposite the Land Registry on the old Tramore road had them, and even had them with Propane as I recall.

It's getting tougher to find somewhere to get non-standard bottles refilled - the guys in Inishannon don't do it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

This is an area I get very frustated by.

I started of with two german type 11Kg propane bottles that came with the van, 30MBar is stated on the gas pipe entering the van from outside compartment. One of these is empty the other was half full.

While in France this year the half full one ran out. Nowhere would do a swap for me as the bottle doesn't match the french totalgaz ones? Was told not to use butane (butagaz).

I ended up buying a french bottle (totalgaz 13Kg) of propane €52.

This means I have quite a few empties now - Two german propane 11Kg bottles two of my own 11Kg butane bottles and now when this autogas one goes I won't be able to replace it unless Im back in France (Probably will be back soon though).

Does anyone know where I can refil them near Dublin or does anyone need an empty ?

Cheers

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is a place at the harbour in bray that can refill most types google bray harbour stores and give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

........................I ended up buying a french bottle (totalgaz 13Kg) of propane €52..................

Hang on to the empty totalgaz bottle. Next time you go to France take it with you plus an 'Irish' one with some gas in it, use the Irish one as a back-up and buy a full totalgaz one as soon as you arrive for principal use. That's what I do.

If I'm going to Spain I also have a Spanish bottle which I treat in the same way except I take the French bottle as the back-up.

Advertisement