Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i bipolar > ?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hello:) .. im 18 and well, im not sure if im bipolar or not?? my dad is and has been all my life; and its caused alot of hurt in the family. None of it his fault at all, he's the loveliest person ever, but theres never been any communication in my house at all. Frankly us four kids didnt even know he was bipolar? All we heard was shouting over taking pills, a da who slept all day and seemed forever distant and irritable etc etc. Well anyhoo, ive come to think that maybe i might just suffer from the same condition? ive told my mam that i have all the symptoms but she does as usual, stares past to the television and ignores. I have been really depressed at times in my life, ive been quite sensitive to being hurt, id get into trouble alot at school for constantly arguing with teachers, id loose my temper in a big way at home ..and in class, i binge drank myslef into unconsciousness on numerous occasions and felt out of control with drinkn for a good two years, friends would often describe my giddy moods as highs, ive been told i can sometimes talk ahead of myself when i get excited.. saying that if its not an obvious problem to everyone around me maybe its just me, my personalityl?? id really appreciate advice or opinions? should i go to a doctor? is there really any point when i dont need medication? ................... Also im studying in an area which will involve me working with people who are vulnerable/sick/etc..if i do have bipolar..does this mean im unsuitable to this ? Please help.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Unfortunately, I don't think we're allowed to advise you as to whether you're suffering from any disorder, but I can recommend to go see your doctor. If you don't need medication you don't have to be put on it; you might be referred to a counsellor or psychologist instead. Hope this helps and I wish you the very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

As TrollHammaren noted we can not give out person advise to people here. I would suggest you discuss your concerns with a professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement