Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PADI Open Water e-learning - learn eRDP or RDP table?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

i'm doing the 1st bit of the PADI Open water via e-learning.

I'm at the section where I learn about dive planning and the online PADI resource gives me the option to learn via either the eRDP (a desktop version) or the good old RDP table. there's quite an amount of instructional reading for both which I was surprised about but I guess its a good idea.

would you recommend either route? I was thinking of going the traditional table route but was curious to see what others thought. Is either more convenient/practical?

incidentally, was wondering if any others had done the e-learning and what they thought? dive centre said it replaces a day in the classroom, but jesus there's a lot to get through, a lot of unnecessary superfluous stuff too that relates to non-recreational diving etc. that aspect is kinda wrecking my head. perhaps its to compensate for the fact that they can't see you actually learning the stuff i dunno...to be sure to be sure and all that

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I learned both; the table when I did my OW, and the eRDP when I did my DM.
    I'd say the table is probably easier to understand, as you can see the way in which all the numbers relate to each other. The e version gives you essentially the same numbers.
    If you understand the table version them you'll be able to use the eRDP almost intuitively. The converse is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

yeah that's kinda what i was thinking. i'll stick to the table.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

I recently did my OW upgrade and the focus was more on learning how to use dive computers rather than RDP tables or the eRDP.

Advertisement