Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for where to watch the All-Ireland final

Options
  • 12-09-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I know, I know, typical Paddy-in-London thread...

Normally I wouldn't even know this match was on until the game had actually started, but this time I've two friends coming over from Dublin for a Spurs game on the Sunday morning/early afternoon, and they'd like to watch it. Plus, since Dublin are in the final I feel duly compelled to cheer on my brethren and watch them destroy the Atlanta Falcons Kerry.

I'm basically torn between going to a giant Irish bar (thinking Waxy O'Connor's) where there'll be lots of people and a good atmosphere, and going to somewhere smaller (Auld Shillelagh on Church Street in Stoke Newington) which is possibly my favourite pub in this whole city. My fear for both of them is that they'll be too packed and we wouldn't get a view of a big screen, let alone a table.

The Spurs game will only be ending at around 3.15/3.30pm, which is a pain. I don't mind hanging around a pub on my own waiting for them to get there, but want to make sure that they'll get in and be able to see the game when they do.

Anyone any experience of them - or other good places - on All-Ireland day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Watched the hurling final a couple of weeks ago in Waxy's. It was pretty full but not too bad and there was loads of TV's so no problem seeing the game.
    However the football might draw a bigger crowd.

O'Neills, close by, also gets a good crowd. Not sure what it would be like on a football final day though. Imagine it would be pretty full. Between the two of them, you'd surely get to see the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

You might find this thread useful, especially if you want somewhere in north London.

Advertisement