Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austrailian Pink Floyd - Olympia Feb 2012

Options
  • 12-09-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Only heard about this on Nova the other day. Have heard great things about them and from watching vids on youtube they look really good.

Anybody else going or seen them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Saw them at the Point last year, they're pretty good, although the venue was probably too big in the sense that they were never going to fill it. Their stage show was certainly pretty impressive though.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen them 3 times before, excellent tribute band and i.m.o the best you'll find. Missed the last concert in the O2....but I think the Olympia suits them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Saw them a few years back, indoors at the RDS. Missed them the last time they were here, but by all accounts they were great. Well worth going to see, I'd consider going to see them again in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

hhhmmmm , I remember a few years back Roger Waters was playing and he was approx. €70 a ticket and these guys were playing within a few months and were approx. €50. I remember thinking "Why pay €50 for a tribute band when you can pay the extra €20 and see the real thing ?".

I don't care how big the production is - €50 is "original artist" money - not tribute bands.

Sorry ... not a fan of tribute bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Seen them in 2003ish in the Olympia for a tenner. It was well worth it. I wouldn't dream of going to see them for what they're charging over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

my brother went to these at GC Dock recently, (free ticket) and he said it was boring as sin, ppl were dropping off in their seats - also I saw them at Olympia about 15 yr ago and an acquaintance started dancing doing like ballet in the aisle, by the mirror admiring himself, like warm up excercises with the bar - was well weird. Nuff floyd fanboys out there, for sure - these guys have made a lot of money off them. I've no respect for tribute acts

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Seen them in 2003ish in the Olympia for a tenner. It was well worth it. I wouldn't dream of going to see them for what they're charging over the last few years.

Yeah, I think 20 odd was the most I paid to see them.....bit much these days.

bit, much? they must be comfortably numb in the head if they think they can command those prices. and they can.. this is what happens with clones, esp of such big selling acts in demand - probably actually think they're phink floyd by now bn so long impersonating em and end up asking money you'd expect to pay to see the real thing. I tell you man there's nothing more boring to me than the notion of someone putting on dsotm, and that tends to be the focus with their set - I just know the night is going to get slowly, self-indulgently, progressively duller..

if you must, beekay, and I had to once, then take some LSD. they be rockin a good light rig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Extra date added

If you want a floyd experience then you may as well go. for they do that, well

oh and blinkers. Bring blinkers - and further minimise risk by going to extra date ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement