Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadsheet: How Long Will It Last

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Just had a look at Broadsheet, Pretty crappy IMO

It just went downhill from classic headlines such as:
    Where Were You When You Were First Asked ‘Where Were You On 9/11′?

And not forgetting the picture quote
    Willie O’Dea TD. He is the press room.

No, No more Broadsheet for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

uvox wrote: »
    How long before the last out/first in model of Sunday Tribune to Irish Times journalism kicks in with Broadsheet.

What do you mean by last out/first in model of journalism and since when in the Herald propped up by John Ryan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'd imagine that Broadsheet.ie will continue as long as John Ryan wants it to continue. It's a blog and not really a source of news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

BrianD wrote: »
    I'd imagine that Broadsheet.ie will continue as long as John Ryan wants it to continue. It's a blog and not really a source of news.

Most importantly there's no way it's turning a profit so ultimately it has to either run at a massive loss or live on goodwill from people contributing for free.

Advertisement