Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick up and down in Tipp

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am down in tipp later this week working for a few days. I will clock off at or before 5. Just wondering if anyone knows any summits around that could be 'bagged' in the few hours of light I'd have in the evenings?

Have already done Sugarloafhill, Monabrack, Lyracappul, Galtymore, Slievecushnabinnia and Carrignabinnia in the area.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Check out mountainviews.ie - you can look for peaks in your area.
    Think Slievenamon can be climbed fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

valerie wrote: »
    Check out mountainviews.ie - you can look for peaks in your area.
    Think Slievenamon can be climbed fairly quickly.

Should have mentioned, been up Slievenamon as well. Might head up it again as last time was on a very blustery and wet day so I didn't get to take in the views.

Looking at Sugarloaf Hill & Knockmealdown - will try and get away a bit early to fit that in. Looking at the map, shouldn't take any more than 4 hours.

Done Knockmealdown->Knockmoylan->Sugarloaf Hill.

It's a great wee walk. Started at the bridge under Knockmealdown from where it's a nice gradual climb up to the trig point on Knockmealdown. Knockmoylan is only a short dander across from Knockmealdown and the county wall can be followed across to Sugarloaf Hill. Great views in all directions, particularly love the view of the flat plains from Sugarloaf Hill. Handy walking once up on the ridge - descent along the county wall from Sugarloaf Hill is over some steep ground.

Will post GPS lof when I upload it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Keeper Hill near Newport can be done up and down in about 4-5 hours. You park up oin Ballyhourigan Woods just out past Newport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Keeper Hill near Newport can be done up and down in about 4-5 hours. You park up oin Ballyhourigan Woods just out past Newport.

You would easily be up and down Galtymore in that time. Keeper takes about 3 hours at an easy pace. If you want something real short the devils bit just outside templemore an hour up and back but a nice view all the same.

Advertisement