Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the day: Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix

Options
  • 12-09-2011 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

So who whose everyones driver of the day? For me it was between Vettel and Schumi with Vettel just shading it. Great race by Button again, if he had made a better start he might have challenged Vettel but I think Seb had enough in his locker to win either way. Also good to see Bruno Senna getting his first career points

Driver of the day 35 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    28%
    RobboSlutmonkey57bDcullyEvilMonkeyGrim.frostie500Kev_ps3Glico MancupcakedanLionbacker 10 votes
    Lewis Hamilton
    0%
    Jenson Button
    2%
    lovinit 1 vote
    Fernando Alonso
    8%
    Beekaydfx-Sitec 3 votes
    Felipe Massa
    0%
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    57%
    v10lee_baby_simmsLIGHTNINGBobby0411811elmolestosmellslikeshoeslord lucanjohnnysmackKevskimickdwOSIvincenzolorenzoRayMEl_Duderino 09Iron Hidedr.fuzzensteinlosthorizonMickey HRichard Hillman 20 votes
    Bruno Senna
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    0%
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    0%
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Heikki Kovalainen
    2%
    forzacalcio 1 vote
    Jarno Trulli
    0%
    Daniel Ricciardo
    0%
    Vitantonio Liuzzi
    0%
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome d'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nico Rosberg
    Had to be MSC for me, was some achievement to stay ahead of Hamilton in that pig of a Mercedes. Yes it has good straight line speed, but keeping Hamilton behind for that long is no mean feat no matter the car. Button also done very well imo. Vettel was untouchable really but it's really hard to know how much of that is the Red Bull and how much of it is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nico Rosberg
    Schumi for me. Easy enough for Vettel after a great move on Alonso. Fantastic drive by Schumacher to frustrate Hamilton for so long on merit. Great to see a bit of the 'old' Schumacher return.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Nico Rosberg
    Completely missed the race. :mad: From what I've read today, it looks like Schumacher did a brilliant job.

Have sat down and watched the whole race. Stunning display and a vintage performance from Schumacher. Definitely driver of the day. As for the Hamilton vs Schumacher grass "incident", completely blown out of proportion. Schumacher was in front of Hamilton and moving over to the right. Hamilton decided to enter a hole that was quickly getting smaller. Bad call on his part. Similar incident between these two last year in China, and again at an earlier grand prix this year. 3 similar scenarios and 3 - 0 to Schumacher!

Hamilton is a good pilot but he has a habit of forgetting to think on certain occasions, especially when up against Schumacher.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fernando Alonso
    Button for me. Got with the race from 5th behind Hamilton and Schumacher and on to second place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Jaysus is Alonso that unpopular? He finished on the podium in - at best - the 3rd fastest team at this track...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nico Rosberg
    pburns wrote: »
    Jaysus is Alonso that unpopular? He finished on the podium in - at best - the 3rd fastest team at this track...

3rd fastest team, so he beat webber who crashed, hamilton who was held up for a long time and his own team mate. Good drive but hardly extra special.

Advertisement