Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looing to buy Budget Editing Equipment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

You'd need an i7 for editing HD. I got a Dell XPS17 laptop for editing on the go with Premiere CS5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wouldn't get a laptop for video editing, you'll pay over the odds for what is essentially a dead end street as you won't be able to upgrade it much.

My advice would be to ask over in the PC building & upgrading forum, it's a question that comes up regularly so they know what to recommend. You'll have to assemble the PC but you could save a few hundred euro and get very good parts that you wouldn't see in off the shelve computers.

HD video editing is hard on computers I have 16gb of ram in my PC and it's gotten used up a few times editing videos. You don't need an i7 but it would certainly help, I've run all these programs on an i5 (nothing major done on it though) without problems.

Advertisement