Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin... why you no treat me well?

Options
  • 11-09-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

It's been a year now since I moved to Dublin and I am starting to count my hairs out of boredom.

I don't look forward to the weekends anymore, it's all repetitive drunkenness with boring music that my parents would recognize. At first I thought it's because I don't know my way around, but tbh frustration is kicking in day after day.

I am not interested in climbing mountains nor swimming lakes and defo I am over classic rock. I wish there was a more hard core electronic scene around or good gigs. Maybe there is one that I am unaware of, and maybe I know the wrong people. But there must be sth to do for a wretched soul in her mid twenties who's not into sports, or nature or drinking to Rolling Stones and The Doors.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

It's been a year now since I moved to Dublin and I am starting to count my hairs out of boredom.

I don't look forward to the weekends anymore, it's all repetitive drunkenness with boring music that my parents would recognize. At first I thought it's because I don't know my way around, but tbh frustration is kicking in day after day.

I am not interested in climbing mountains nor swimming lakes and defo I am over classic rock. I wish there was a more hard core electronic scene around or good gigs. Maybe there is one that I am unaware of, and maybe I know the wrong people. But there must be sth to do for a wretched soul in her mid twenties who's not into sports, or nature or drinking to Rolling Stones and The Doors.

Twisted Pepper, Bernard Shaw, Sweeneys are three good options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Get a hobby? I'm sure there's plenty to do in Dublin if you looked for it and found like minded individuals. You could check nightcourses to learn something new. Pick up a new language class or dance lessons.

The possibilities are endless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

http://dominion.gothic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Degsy wrote: »

She might be skinny but

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

wixfjord wrote: »
    Twisted Pepper, Bernard Shaw, Sweeneys are three good options.

Also, Ruta (O' Byrnes) on the corner of Capel St and Bolton St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

What kind of music do you like? I find that during the winter there is plenty of gigs on, (not as many during the summer with all the festivals) and that Dublin is pretty good for nightlife once you veer away from the mainstream nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Try teenage discos?

They're usually full of self-absorbed moaners which should be just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

What kind of electronia are you into? There's plenty of spots around the place.

There's so much to do in Dublin, go out, meeting people, explore...get the Ticket in the Irish Times on a Friday for events. Or go home or move city (everywhere other city is more or less the same, apart from the weather), up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Theres a Hardcore Electronic Scene in me neighbors gaff most Saturday nights.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you came along, he has all sorts at it.

From the volume of empty cans and bottles in his front garden the next morning his favourite tipple is Linden Village so bring a bottle to be polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

sure you have one of the best clubs around in the Twisted Pepper for electronic music... usually bass music there on fridays from dubstep to jungle. Then on Saturdays its house & techno. after that there is loads of one off electronic gigs on around the city.. get yourself a listings guide!

The Bernard Shaw is a good place to start... i'm there Friday, i dj but its reggae & hip-hop so may not be your thing... tis more bangin stuff there on saturday. just talk to the bar staff or dj's there... loads of friendly punters there too...don't be shy. Dublin is like any capital city, you just gotta make an effort!!

for non music suff check out le cool online magazine.. they will send you an email every week with the lowdown on what good & happening in the city... you've no excuse ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement