Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealth Sound Moderator For Sale

Options
  • 11-09-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Used: As new

Does not rust!
    Does not ring upon firing! No need for neoprene tube.
    Designed to be taken apart for easy cleaning.
    8 - Aluminium baffles
    The thread for this is 18x1 metric. I have stripped it and cleaned/ oiled it after each outing and there are no signs of any rust or damage either inside or outside the device.

I used this moderator on my .243 and it is suitable for use up to and including .25-06 calibre. I have changed my rifle recently and its thread is a different size. As effective as a Wildcat if not more silent.
    Cost €350, asking €180.

Post within Ireland €6.00
    To Great Britain/Europe €7.50
    Rest of World €10.40

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Used: As new

Does not rust!
    Does not ring upon firing! No need for neoprene tube.
    Designed to be taken apart for easy cleaning.
    8 - Aluminium baffles
    The thread for this is 18x1 metric. I have stripped it and cleaned/ oiled it after each outing and there are no signs of any rust or damage either inside or outside the device.

I used this moderator on my .243 and it is suitable for use up to and including .25-06 calibre. I have changed my rifle recently and its thread is a different size. As effective as a Wildcat if not more silent.
    Cost €350, asking €180.

Post within Ireland €6.00
    To Great Britain/Europe €7.50
    Rest of World €10.40

where in the country are you based. i have a .243 with 18x1 thread,

how long is it and does it come back over the barrel

cheers poulo

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1961shooter

Hi there,

I'm in County Carlow. It is 12 & 3/4 inches / 32.5cm in length and its diameter is 2in./5cm

Yes it does come back over the barrell with the aid of a plastic bushing

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Hi does it fit a thin barrel or a heavy one mine is a thin fluted one ????????

Hi 650gs,

My sound moderator will fit both heavy and light barrels. I have two plastic bushings each with a different internal diamater to accomodate different size barrels. If they don't marry each other then simple adjustments will have to be made. The most important feature is that your rifle has the same metric thread. I hope this info helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I'm interested (Sorry Paul :P) as I have been waiting 10+ weeks for a Wildcat. That guy and his two sons seriously need to hire more staff!

Do you reckon either of the plastic rings would slip straight onto a Tikka Tac or would one of them have to be milled?

- Arcto

• Advertisement

Hi Arcto,

• I used it on a styer ssg heavy barrel and I am almost sure that both barrels are approx. the same diameter. Just to make sure it would be a good idea if I was given the opportunity to see your rifle and see how well the moderator fits. If the plastic bushing is too small in diameter then it can be sanded down easily to the right fit. Hope this info helps you to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

is this still for sale if so can you pm me a number.

Cheers

Advertisement