Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone just rocked the U Boat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

ArcticFox wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/u-boat-flightdeck-cab-50mm-oiginal-ref-1905/401043?ct=1#comment_4734865

Have a look here to the dangers of buying without paperwork....

There was so much evidence in this ad that it was dubious at best.... make up your own mind of course

(I'm still amazed by the naivety of some of the bidders who obviously made no effort to research the product in question)

I bet it's a fake.
    It was already for sale few months ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72426884

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Guys, this was reported by a concerned boards user tonight and I immediately removed the ad.

Just fyi, please feel free to pm any adverts mod or report a suspect ad when you see this sorta stuff and we'll be happy to assist. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Don't be too overzealous though! I had a seagull poster come in to my advert and say it's a replica based on nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Do we know for certain it's a fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Do we need to?

Its oversizedpriced tat either way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Somebody on the ad had linked to the page below, if info below is correct then it was a fake

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/how-spot-fake-u-boat-415502.html

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Yeah, it had every indication of being fake - the link posted above called out every irregularity in the book!

Fake for sure. Just lucky that someone didn't buy it.

I have noted a number of fake Mont Blanc Pens going up for sale on Adverts too - that really annoys me so I try my best to point out the faults to potential bidders.

Rule of thumb (watches/pens or otherwise) - ask the seller to meet you at an authorised dealer to confirm authenticity. The seller's response in itself will speak volumes.

Cavaet Emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

ArcticFox wrote: »
    Rule of thumb (watches/pens or otherwise) - ask the seller to meet you at an authorised dealer to confirm authenticity. The seller's response in itself will speak volumes.

Cavaet Emptor

Good idea, but I wouldn't be relying much on the staff at most of the ADs in Ireland to know how to spot a fake, with very few exceptions, most I have ever come across were totally clueless about what they are selling, although I do agree that the intimidation of it might put a chancer off.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

marcus1971 wrote: »
    Good idea, but I wouldn't be relying much on the staff at most of the ADs in Ireland to know how to spot a fake, with very few exceptions, most I have ever come across were totally clueless about what they are selling, although I do agree that the intimidation of it might put a chancer off.

My only experience of doing this is with a Mont Blanc Pen - I took it to the Pen Corner and they definitely know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Great Article and gives some great pointers

You defo need to be very careful when buying

Thats why I tend to look on TZ, Watchuseek and ADs

If nothing else you can ask the questions and great guidance and advice

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement