Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SHivering Isles + Knights of the Nine

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

Have played regular Oblivion to death but have never played the expansions, so to tide me over until Skyrim I got the Oblivion GOTY edition.

Started a new game, and I was wondering should I head into the Shivering Isles straight away or should I level up some? I'm worried that if I head in straight away all the gear will be crappy low level stuff and I will miss out on some quality stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

On account of the levelling system in oblivion, yes, you would miss out on some good items. If that doesn't worry you, then you can go there and play through it - it shouldn't be too difficult with monsters at the same level as you.
    If it's on PC, mods can take care of these sorts of things.

I think when you're above level 25, all items are at their max level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

^ Some items max at level 30. Thats the highest though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm level 13 in the Shivering Isles and there's plenty of decent stuff there already tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

irish_goat wrote: »
    I'm level 13 in the Shivering Isles and there's plenty of decent stuff there already tbf.
    yeah but the stuff you get is the same stuff just levelled . for example between levels 1-10 a sword rewarded in a quest could do say plus 10 fire damage. good stuff. but from 11-20 it could do plus 15 damage. and it stays the same once you get it irregardless of level. so there are some things your better waiting for

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Quick Question on that, I decided to pick up the GOTY edition as well, And just a quick question. If I go through the Door to Shivering Isles, can I come back to Oblivion? Or are you stuck in the Shivering Isles??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You can come back anytime.

You can go back and forth.

Edit: Lack of refreshing old pages strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

And how is the Knight of the Nine quest path activated in the GOTY game?

I got the message after 24hours in Oblivion that the Door to Shivering Isles had appeared, Haven't recieved anything(to my knowledge) on the Knights of the Nine.

I think you have to go to Anvil and see or talk to somebody - there's new people there, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah talk to the guard across from the prophet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You shold hear something about the "Anvil chapel attack" when you talk to some random NPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

These should keep me going until Skyrim

Advertisement