Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fi warning lights

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

fi warning light comn on when on a long journey . the powers all there but still getting flashing of fi. it hasnt been droped.but cant figure it comn on when your driving ,anybody share some light .its a zx10r 2008 thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

What does fi mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Walkingstick

cruiser178 wrote: »
    fi warning light comn on when on a long journey . the powers all there but still getting flashing of fi. it hasnt been droped.but cant figure it comn on when your driving ,anybody share some light .its a zx10r 2008 thanks

I ride a '04 Honda VFR and occasionally my Fi light comes on as well. When it happens it is usually on a long journey like you say. As far as I know this fault light is connected to an emission sensor in the exhaust system. It can very very sensitive to changes in emissions and can show a fault when really none exists. When the Fi light on my bike comes on it always happens at 7000revs, that is when the vetch engine changes from 4 valves to 8 valves. This momentarily changes the emissions and causes the Fi light to come on. I'm not saying you should ignore this warning light. Always check your engine oil level and coolant level. The basics of engines haven't changed, it's the basics that will catch you out. Good luck with your bike. Ride safe. Walkingstick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

AFAIK its Fuel Injector....well it is on my GSXR...it came on on my screen after a rebuild...been on ever since...could probably get it reset ..but the bikes been going fine for years...:)

Advertisement