Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAYOR MEETS AMBASSADOR, CONFIRMS EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Hootanany wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Seeing as the OP contains only a "Roll eyes" smilie, I have no idea what your opinion is on this. If you read any of the ET threads on this forum you will undoubtedly see posts from people expressing the opinion that "Aliens probably exist on some planet, somewhere. The universe is so large that it would be unlikely if that were not the case". The ambassador is simply expressing the same opinion.
    He asserted the existence of life on other
    planets, caveating this by noting that we should focus on
    solving our problems on Earth
    Ubaidulloev thought the main
    task there was to build a sense of national identity among
    ethnically disparate groups, and said the United States was an
    example for this. He noted that "war is very dangerous", and
    said "we know there is life on other planets, but we must make
    peace here first."

Seeing as they are the only mentions of ET life in the piece, followed by discussions of cybercafes, I feel that the title is slightly misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

They love to make headlines :rolleyes:. At best it will be a rocky planet in the goldilocks zone and that would be amazing in itself. I would be disappointed if they have found another gas giant.

The word alien doesn't have to mean little green men.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sparticle wrote: »
    They love to make headlines :rolleyes:. At best it will be a rocky planet in the goldilocks zone and that would be amazing in itself. I would be disappointed if they have found another gas giant.

The word alien doesn't have to mean little green men.:D

Yeah, more than likely another planet discovered that once might have had flowing water. But maybe, just maybe:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yeah, more than likely another planet discovered that once might have had flowing water. But maybe, just maybe:pac:
    The technology doesn't exist to detect that sort of thing - all they could tell would be the size and probably distance from the planet's sun, and whether this puts it in the habitable zone.

Cool stuff though. In 150 years, we could be sending people out to these places to investigate and/or colonise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement