Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on a first-timers digital art attempt

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I designed an image to be put on a t shirt, the mockup for it is here:
    http://qwertee.com/product/life-begins-at-night-style-2/

I've only started trying to use digital art in the past week, I got some help books on it because I had never known how to use image editing software or anything. I just wanted some opinions from people who are experienced with using these types of programmes (Ulead PhotoImpact, Photoshop etc).
    Is the design above professional looking? Would you buy it in a shop (for the quality of it, not the content I mean) if you saw it? Can you offer any constructive criticism on what I can do to improve the quality?

Any help is much appreciated as I really want to get into this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

I think they look too choppy. You should be using vectorial software such as Illustrator. Have a look at this site and download the Drawplus offering. There are tutorials such as .
    There is also a very good forum where you should get lots of help.

The stuff I suggest is free but has some limitations but the up to date programs are very good and not too dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Link doesn't work.

But generally, my advice is just keep trying. If you're only been doing something for 1 week, it's unlikely to be any good. Keep trying, experimenting an practicing, it's a craft and a skill that you need to learn like any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

bette wrote: »
    I think they look too choppy. You should be using vectorial software such as Illustrator. Have a look at this site and download the Drawplus offering. There are tutorials such as .
    There is also a very good forum where you should get lots of help.

The stuff I suggest is free but has some limitations but the up to date programs are very good and not too dear.
    Thanks so much for the feedback!

Advertisement