Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with shooting

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I shoot recurve and when I release, the bow often jumps and the arrow lands higher than the rest of group.

What causes this? I it anything to do with back tension?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Maicros

I have had a identical problem. It turned out that my front hand was the problem as the pressure on the grip would sometimes move from the normal to slightly lower. When this happened my hand would kick and send the bow higher as the "top" of my hand would then rotate forward. This gave the appearance of the bow shooting up from my hand and the arrows would land high.

Hope this helps!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

As per the reply above, it sounds like the release of the string is allowing the expression of some pent up torque previously contained by the string pressure.

Check your bowhnd position in case you are 'heeling' the grip. Your hand should not contact the grip outside of your lifeline.

These may be useful to you:

bowhandpressurepointfor.jpg

The left hand image is the one to copy.

rotatedelbow.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement