Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Corolla VVTI - Revs jumping when idle

Options
  • 10-09-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I have recently changed the air intake manifold in my 2002, 1.4 Corolla, (cracked baffle - common on Corollas apparently). After installing the new manifold, flushing and filling the collant and disconnecting the battery there is an issue when the car is idling.

It is usually ok from a cold start but if left to idle for say 5mins, (I noticed when fillng the collant), the revs start to jump between 1100rpm and 1200rpm. Every second or two the rev counter jumps up to 1200 and then back down to 1100 - very strange.

Does anyone know what this could be? The throttle cable is a little slack but I don't think this could be causing the issue as it does not affect the assemble when idle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

1100 - 1200 is very high for it to be idleing anyway.

Did you use a new gasket for the inlet manifold and throttle body and did you make sure that the sealing faces were completely clean?

A missed or split vacume pipe is another possibility too.

Advertisement