Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy of transcripts experience

Options
  • 10-09-2011 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I requested a copy of my transcripts by email on 24th August from IT Carlow for examinations I sat in 1990. I didn't receive any acknowledge of my mail and 1 week later decided to contact the college. I was told, yes that had received my mail and it would take approx. 5 weeks to get it send out. I explained that I was applying for a postgrad at DCU and the closing date was 9th September were the transcripts are required for the application. I asked was there a chance that I would receive the transcript in time for that date and was told, they would do their best.
    I rang the week of 9th Sept and spoke with reception and again explained I was trying to obtain a copy of my transcript and Friday was the closing date for my postgrad application and was it possible to get the transcript out to me that week. I was told the message would be forwarded to the relevant person. Today is 10th Sept and the closing date is past and I didn't get my transcript from IT Carlow.
    I also sat a Degree course at IT-Tallaght and contacted them also on the 24th August for a copy of my transcript. I received a mail the same day acknowledging receipt of my mail and notified me of the process and that it would take a max of 3-5 days. I did receive it to my house within the 5 days. I also had to apply to IT-Athlone for my Diploma results and again it was possible to get these within days.
    How can this process be so different in IT-Carlow. Surely, it being an Information Technology institute this process would be seamless.
    What else can one do, it's now nearly 3 weeks, looks like I'm going to have to wait for the 5 weeks. It's probably goodbye now to my postgrad....:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

You should go down and start knocking on some doors, its only then you know for sure that your message is getting to the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

All transcripts prior to the immediate year have to be looked up manually in massive folders. It is a nightmare of a system and it's all paper based. I've no idea why they don't have the info online. 1 month seems to be the standard waiting time alright. Not helped by the fact that at least 1 in 3 people who request transcripts don't give the right course, contact or name information which makes it impossible to find them particularly if the exam is more than 5 years old!

I personally think they should charge for the transcripts and use that money to part fund a staff member to work on them fulltime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 consumerview

I agree with your suggestion about charging and using the money to fund a better system.
    I applied for mine on 24th August and nearly 8 weeks later still no transcript. I've given up now at this stage - they can keep it!!

Advertisement