Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Movie List

Options
  • 10-09-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Could you guys recommend an order to watch these movies from best to worst?

Dawn of the Dead (Remake)
    Day of the Dead (Remake)
    Diary of the Dead
    Land of the Dead
    Night of the Living Dead (Remake)
    Survival of the Dead
    The Zombie Diaries
    World of the Dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Night of the Living Dead - original
    Dawn of the Dead - original
    Day of the Dead - original

The rest of them are ass.

You should check out some of the Italian zombies movies from the late 70s/early 80s like The Beyond,Zombie Flesh Eaters,City of the Living Dead,House by the Cemetery or Dr Butcher MD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dawn of the Dead (Remake) - Absolutely brilliant movie but don't forget the original as both are very different films. I would say a 9/10 and an essential zombie viewing.
    Day of the Dead (Remake) - Terrible movie. Worth watching as a Zombie fan for some OK visuals, but the film itself is pants and there are some baffling instances such as Zombies crawling on ceilings that go against Zombie canon since the genre began. I would say a 3/10.

Diary of the Dead - an OK but forgettable movie but one or two standout scenes. 5/10 for this one.

Land of the Dead - I liked this one a lot, despite the stick it gets. It's a bit out there, but it's enjoyable. 7/10 from me.

Night of the Living Dead (Remake) - This is also a great film, assuming you're talking about the Tony Todd version and not the even newer one. First Zombie movie I ever saw! Actually quite tame by the modern standards of hyper violence, but a good film. 8/10.

Survival of the Dead - Romero needs to stop. I thought this was possibly the worst of the films on this list. Everything bar the effects are absolutely appalling. 2/10.

The Zombie Diaries - OK film, good in spots but let down by ropey acting/effects. Some of the actors are brilliant, some are so bad as far as destroying the film. Mixed bag. 4/10.

World of the Dead - Zombie Diaries 2? Shocking film, for all the wrong reasons. The acting and scope is good, but it's let down by criminally poor post production effects. For a movie that revolves around soldiers shooting Zombies, elemental things such as sound effects/muzzle flashes look like they've been cobbled together by a ten year olds first go on Windows Movie Maker. Which is a shame because everything else is a dramatic improvement on the first movie, but I found it impossible to overlook the hideous effects that destroyed all suspense of belief.. 3/10.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

zombie women of satan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1468757/

Horror channel sky 319 9pm tonight

low rating on IMDB so probably junk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Could you guys recommend an order to watch these movies from best to worst?

Day of the Dead (Remake)
    Diary of the Dead
    Land of the Dead
    Survival of the Dead
    The Zombie Diaries
    World of the Dead

Using only the films you named, here is the order in which I would rate them.

Diary of the Dead
    The Zombie Diaries
    Land of the Dead
    World of the Dead
    Day of the Dead (Remake)
    Survival of the Dead

But once you get past the first two there is a big drop off in quality that gets worse, imho, with each film. The last three on the list I would not wish on anyone to watch, awful films.

Advertisement